Sermon Title: “The Blessings of God and the Benefits of Christ’s Salvation”
Date: Sunday, January 14, 2018
Speaker: Pastor Joseph
- Apostle, the will of God
- Grace, peace, spiritual blessing, heavenly places
- Chose, holy, blameless
- Verse 5
- love, predestined, adoption
- redemption, forgiveness, the blood of Christ
mystery of his will, purpose
- a plan, fullness of time, unite
- Inheritance, predestined, purpose, counsel of his will
- Word of truth, gospel of salvation, sealed, Holy Spirit
I. The Spiritual Blessings of God (vv, 4, 7-8, 10-12)
- The election of God
- The predestination of God
- The redemption of God
- The revelation of God’s mystery
- The forgiveness of God
- The cosmic unity of all things through Christ
- The inheritance of our salvation
- The hope of God
- The Gospel of salvation
- The Promised Spirit of God
II. The extravagance of God’s grace in salvation (Vv. 6, 7,9, 12)
- To the praise of his glorious grace
- According to the riches of his grace
- To the praise of his glory
III. The Glory of Christ in our Salvation (vv.1, 3-7, 9-15)
- “In Christ,” we are chosen for holiness and blamelessness .
- “In Christ,” we are predestined to be adoptive sons and daughters of God.
- “In Christ,” we have our inheritance.
- “In Christ,” we received redemption and forgiveness of trespasses.
- “In Christ,” all things will be united.
- “In Christ,” God lavishes his love upon us.
- “In Christ,” God says YES!
*** To view the Powerpoint version of the sermon notes, click on the link below: